9 Monkeys of Shaolin. New Gameplay Trailer
Two weeks prior to the release of the 9 Monkeys of Shaolin its creators from Sobaka Studio revealed the new gameplay trailer focused on details and all the key features of the incoming game: narrative, combat and progression systems, weapons, enemies and co-op mode.
Furthermore, today, Sobaka Studio has launched the expanded free demo version of the game on Steam – “Prologue”, so the players could experience all these features in a real combat. The complete first chapter of the game’s campaign offers both single player and co-op (online or split-screen mode for 2 players) options.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin is launching worldwide on Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch on Friday 16th October.
About 9 Monkeys of Shaolin:
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle”.
– Sun Tzu, The Art of War
9 Monkeys of Shaolin marks a true rebirth of the iconic beat ’em up genre in vein of old-school video games. If you had fun playing beat em up videogames for hours as a kid, crushing foes left and right then this new title from the creators of hardcore brawler REDEEMER is definitely for you!
As a mere Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng you have to avenge the death of your friends and family slaughtered in a pirate raid at your peaceful village. Game protagonist is quite a tough nut to crack as he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks. Get your trusty battle staff ready for a challenging adventure in Medieval China and for merciless fights with hordes of various enemies.
Action-packed battles, user friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies of 70s – all this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice for every true fan of really hardcore brawlers.
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen.
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and many more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.