Humble Games | Prodeus to Launch on September 23
Humble Games and Bounding Box Software announced that their action-packed shooter Prodeus will move out of Early Access and officially launch on September 23 for PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. As Prodeus emerges from early access, players can look forward towards new opportunities to team up with their mates, play in an endless number of customisable world and more! To celebrate the release date announcement, the team have just launched a new video showing off some retro gameplay, online co-op modes, map creation tools and more. Prodeus is an FPS game set in the year 2040 where players take control of a futuristic soldier who must fight against hordes of enemies. Experience the high standards you’d expect from a modern AAA title, designed with retro aesthetics, and gameplay that evoke the technical limitations of older hardware. This is the Boomershooter you’ve been waiting for! Key features include:
- RETRO LOOK, MODERN ERA – Shooters past and present collide with graphics that combine today’s high-quality 3D tech with retro visuals. Experience over-the-top explosions of lo-fi pixels and hi-tech particle effects as you clash against the Prodeans and forces of Chaos.
- PURE RETRO FPS CHAOS – Steel yourself for fast and frantic nonstop action. Blast and blaze your way through hordes of chaos-spawned creatures using an arsenal of classically over-the-top weapons.
- RAINING RED – Splatter the steel walls and alien halls with the blood of your enemies. Experience the gory thrills of the elder shooters, dialed up to 11 thanks to Prodeus’s delightfully demented dismemberment system.
- COMMUNITY-CRAFTED LEVELS – Unleash your inner map designer with Prodeus’s powerful but easy-to-use level editor*, and keep the visceral combat fresh with a built-in browser filled with community-created maps.
- MULTIPLAYER MAYHEM – Team up and go head-to-head in a variety of multiplayer modes. Take on the campaign in 4-player co-op, and dive into the fray in 16-player Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, CTF, and more—then take things to the next level by creating and sharing custom game modes.
- FRAG TO THE MUSIC – Burst blood vessels listening to a supercharged metal soundtrack by retro FPS composer Andrew Hulshult (DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods, Dusk, Amid Evil) that dynamically changes gears to accompany your actions.