Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire Launches Today on Steam
Available now on Steam for purchase, the latest and ambitious Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire takes you into the Vietnam War. Enjoy a 75% discount for the base game on Steam up until May 13.
Publisher Bohemia Interactive and third-party developer Savage Game Design are excited to be launching today the latest Creator DLC for Arma 3 on Steam. S.O.G. Prairie Fire transports players back to the Vietnam War and delivers a thrilling and historic military sandbox experience on a scale not seen before in a video game.
The S.O.G. Prairie FireDLC is available on Steam now, for only $19.54 USD – that’s including a 15% discount offered by Bohemia Interactive on the first week of release. In addition, Arma 3 base game will be on discount for a limited time with a 75% off, and it’s other DLCs for up to 66% off. The soundtrack for S.O.G. Prairie Fire is also available for sale here.
The name S.O.G. Prairie Fire refers to the “Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group” (MACV-SOG), which was a United States Special Forces unit established in 1964 to conduct covert operations in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. This task force plays a central role in the DLC’s multiplayer co-op campaign. To portray the soldiers’ experiences in a more accurate manner, Savage Game Design has been closely collaborating with US Special Forces veterans who served in MACV-SOG until it was deactivated in 1972, as well as Vietnamese advisors.
Key features of the S.O.G. Prairie Fire Creator DLC include:
- Cam Lao Nam Terrain – Explore a unique 300 km2 terrain representing the Vietnam War’s entire Area of Operations, including the Ho Chi Minh Trail which ran from North Vietnam through neighboring Laos and Cambodia to South Vietnam.
- 4 Factions – Fight as the United States Army (including the covert MACV-SOG Special Forces unit), Army of the Republic of Vietnam (ARVN), People’s Army of Vietnam (PAVN) or Viet Cong. All sides come equipped with their own uniforms and gear.
- 50+ Weapons – Engage the enemy with detailed recreations of pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, grenade launchers, and a diverse range of weapon accessories. Your arsenal is reinforced by deadly grenades, traps, and other special items.
- 50+ Vehicles & Static Weapons (including variants) – Wage war in the jungles, mountains, cities, rivers, and islands of Vietnam with several variations of armed helicopters, gunboats, light tanks, cars, trucks, static weapons, one jet, five small boats, and two bicycles.
- Multiplayer Co-op Campaign – Operate deep within enemy territory as a member of a clandestine MACV-SOG recon team in a fully voice-acted campaign that consists of 6 highly replayable co-op missions for up to 14 players.
- 9 Multiplayer Scenarios – Play 9 new scenarios in Arma 3‘s official End Game, Warlords, Zeus, and Escape game modes. The “Ash & Trash” bonus mission tasks you with flying routine helicopter missions around the beautiful countryside and landmarks of Cam Lao Nam.
- 5 Single Player Scenarios – Become familiar with the weapons, vehicles, and equipment used during the Vietnam War in two new Showcase scenarios. Additionally, there is a mission for both MACV and PAVN that introduces you to jungle combat from either perspective. The “Ash & Trash” bonus mission can also be enjoyed in single-player.
- Sounds & Effects – Experience ‘Nam with immersive audio meticulously designed to reproduce the sound of jungle guerrilla warfare: wildlife calls, disturbed vegetation, quiet whispers of “Charlie”, bullet cracks, explosions, and the loud cries of the wounded.
- Music – Listen to an atmospheric soundtrack that consists of rock and blues, and a cinematic score composed with Vietnamese instruments. Players can tune into an in-game radio channel that also broadcasts original Armed Forces Vietnam news and adverts that ran at the time. This soundtrack is available for purchase on Steam.
- Additional Content – S.O.G. Prairie Fire is complemented by various modules and objects that are usable when the DLC is loaded. This includes custom systems for battlefield logistics, artillery and air support, melee combat, and more – as well as 100 food, drink, and medicine items and over 150 building structures and fortifications that can be used to support community-made content and game modes.
Creator DLC is a label for original Arma 3 projects made by third-party developers and published by Bohemia Interactive (Arma 3‘s official developer). This program enables external talent to earn a financial reward for their work, while players get to enjoy new quality content.
With the release of S.O.G. Prairie Fire DLC, Savage Game Design has published a compatibility data pack for non-owner to the Arma 3 Steam Workshop. Subscribing to this Workshop item will allow those who do not own S.O.G. Prairie Fire to still play on multiplayer servers that make use of some of the DLC’s assets. It will also let people inspect the new assets in-game before purchasing.
More information about the project can also be found at https://www.sogpf.com. Savage Game Design plans to share more development insights via their social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
To learn more about the Arma 3 Creator DLC initiative, and to find answers to some of the most Frequently Asked Questions, please visit https://arma3.com/dlc/creator. For all the latest Arma 3 news, be sure to like the game’s official Facebook Page, follow its Twitter account, subscribe to the Arma 3YouTube Channel, and join its Steam Community.