Pocket Rumble on Nintendo Switch
Highly anticipated 2D fighting game, Pocket Rumble by Cardboard Robot Games, will be coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop on Thursday 5th July 2018.
About the Game
Pocket Rumble is a streamlined, beginner-friendly 2D fighting game inspired by SNK’s classic fighters on the Neo Geo Pocket Color. It retains all the gameplay elements that make traditional fighters great, but reduces the level of execution and memorization necessary to the absolute minimum.
Experienced players will be able to learn the game fast and then focus on deeper elements of strategy and mind-games, whilst new players can learn the ins and outs of fighting games without being overwhelmed, allowing everyone to hone their skills to a competitive level without too much grinding in training mode!
The game features a diverse cast of characters, each with their own unique meter and mechanics. There’s the cutesy Keiko who wields a demonic detonating cat called Q, to the grappler Subject 11 who harnesses psychokinetic powers to toss enemies like ragdolls, and ninja cowboy Hector, who uses a katana to keep his opponents at bay, but be careful, his specials also cost life-points, which must be restored using his meter.
The Nintendo Switch version will be launching on the eShop on Thursday 5th July 2018 in Europe and North America, with a Japanese release following (release date TBD).
Developer Cardboard Robot Games is a small team of two, who after a successful Kickstarter campaign in December 2014, launched Pocket Rumble initially on Steam Early Access, before bringing the game to Nintendo Switch. Pocket Rumble will continue to be updated with new crowdfund backer-designed bosses and cross-over character bosses, which will arrive first on Steam, and will then be featured in a Nintendo Switch version update.
- Simple 2-button controls with universal and easy special move inputs, involving no complex joystick motions
- Short combos with straightforward timing and cancel system
- Diverse cast of characters, each with their own unique meter and mechanics
- On-screen frame data bar and visual indicators for properties such as invulnerability to introduce players to fighting game basics
- Near-flawless online multiplayer with GGPO netcode
- HD rumble support, specific to the Nintendo Switch version