FINAL FANTASY, FINAL FANTASY II AND FINAL FANTASY III AVAILABLE TODAY ON STEAM AND MOBILE
SQUARE ENIX® today announced that FINAL FANTASY, FINAL FANTASY II and FINAL FANTASY III are available today worldwide for PC (Steam®) and mobile. The release of these classic titles kicks off the pixel remaster series, which bring the six original FINAL FANTASY® games that inspired a generation of RPG fans as faithful recreations of the beloved games.
The launch of FINAL FANTASY, II and III brings these timeless adventures to Steam® and mobile platforms, with upgrades including:
- Universally updated 2D pixel graphics redrawn for modern hardware, featuring iconic FINAL FANTASY character pixel designs created by the original artist and current collaborator, Kazuko Shibuya
- Beautifully rearranged soundtracks, overseen by the original composer, Nobuo Uematsu
- Improved gameplay, including modernized UI, auto-battle options, and more
- Quality-of-life improvements including supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery, music player and the ability to save at any time
Those who purchase FINAL FANTASY, II or III by August 11 on Steam® will receive exclusive bonuses, including three specially rearranged music tracks, two exclusive wallpapers and a 20% discount per each respective title. These special tracks transition from the original versions to the new arrangements and can only be obtained via early purchase until 11th August on individual titles or via the bundle on Steam. The select music tracks include:
- FINAL FANTASY – Main Theme (Timelapse Remix), Matoya’s Cave (Timelapse Remix) and Battle (Timelapse Remix)
- FINAL FANTASY II – Battle Theme 1 (Timelapse Remix), The Rebel Army (Timelapse Remix) and Main Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- FINAL FANTASY III – Battle 1 (Timelapse Remix), Eternal Wind (Timelapse Remix) and The Boundless Ocean (Timelapse Remix)
Each of these tracks have been given new arrangements under the full oversight of the original composer, Nobuo Uematsu.
FINAL FANTASY III
With the power of light nearly eclipsed by the power of darkness, only the crystals’ four chosen adventurers can save the world.
Experience the iconic job changing system first introduced in FINAL FANTASY III – switch jobs at will and use various abilities as you progress in the game. Choose from a variety of classes including Warrior, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, Dragoon, Evoker or even call monsters to do your bidding with as a Summoner.
Long-time fans and newcomers can look forward to additional details and the launch of FINAL FANTASY IV, V and VI at a later date. All six games within the pixel remaster series are available for pre-purchase as the FINAL FANTASY I-VI Bundle for a further discount. More information on the bundle is available on Steam at: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/21478.
*Games in bundle to be available upon respected release timings
Visit the official FINAL FANTASY pixel remaster series website for more information at: https://ffpixelremaster.com/
Pre-order Link(s): https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/21478/FINAL_FANTASY_IVI_Bundle/